Open All Season
Come grill on Governors Island!
Now you can reserve a grill on Governors Island to host your next party, family reunion, get together, shower, birthday or any ole’ celebration! Reservations can be made while the Island is open to the public.
Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance and are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. You plan the fun for your family, friends and guests and we will provide:
- Reserved charcoal grill (2 feet in diameter) for the entire day. Visit our visitor info page for Island open hours.
- Reserved picnic tables at your selected grilling or gathering site – up to 2 tables
- A wagon waiting for you at the ferry landing to transport your party supplies
- All applicants will be charged a $26 non-refundable application fee.
- Applicants are responsible for bringing their own grilling supplies (including charcoal, lighter, etc).
- Dates and locations are confirmed once the Grill Reservation Form has been successfully submitted.