Come Celebrate on Governors Island!
Now you can reserve space on Governors Island to host your next party, family reunion, get together, shower, birthday or any celebration!
Gatherings can be held while the Island is open to the public.
This season, Governors Island will be open May 1-October 31, Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm and Saturday-Sunday from 10am-7pm.
Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance and are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis.
You plan the fun for your co-workers, family and guests and we will provide:
- For GI Gathering site reservations – up to 5 tables per gathering site
- For Grilling Station reservations – 2 picnic tables will be reserved per grilling station
- A red wagon Radio Flyer waiting for you at the ferry landing to transport your party supplies to your site
- The cost to reserve a gathering site or grilling station is $26.00 per day.
- We must receive the site-fee payment at least 1 week prior to party date to confirm your reservation.
- Reservations can be made at www.govisland.org/permits
- No vehicles
- No alcohol
- No overnight storage
- Gatherings must adhere to all existing GI rules and regulations
- Grilling is permitting in the grill area only. Grilling is NOT permitted elsewhere on Governors Island.
- Governors Island does not supply decorations; groups are welcome to bring their own.
- Groups are welcome to arrive anytime during their reserved time slot; we cannot permit early arrival to set-up or staying later for clean-up.
- Groups are responsible for cleaning up food, drink and decorations at the end of the party. Garbage receptacles will be placed close to the picnic tables.
- Portable toilets will be near both party sites; flushable toilets are located near Soissons Landing in Building 110.
- A cleaning fee will be charged if the site is left untidy.
- Please note - grilling stations at Picnic Point close one hour before the last ferry.
- If you must cancel, please notify Governors Island staff at least 48 hours before the gathering. To reschedule or if you would prefer to use your alternate date, please contact the Events Office @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Fees are non-refundable.
To reserve your spot, visit www.govisland.org/permits