Proposals and Rentals on Governors Island
With a range of public programming in the areas of arts and culture, education and outdoor recreation, there is always something new to discover on Governors Island. If you are planning a program or event that requires reserved space, please select a category below for instructions on how to submit a proposal or apply for a site permit.
- Selection criteria include:
- Fit or alignment with our vision to infuse the Island with dynamic arts and cultural programming, as well as educational opportunities in the arts, sciences and nature
- Applicant’s track-record of producing and organizing other exceptional programs or events
- Emphasis on public participation across diverse audiences
- Engagement with the Island as a site, including its histories, local ecologies, architecture and relationship to New York City
- Feasibility of the program based on the Island’s operational capacities and infrastructure.
Outdoor Public Programs
Outdoor programs and events that are open to the public, whether free or ticketed. Examples include: outdoor festivals, temporary installations, performances, concerts and educational programs presented by an organization or institution.
Film & Photography
Permits are required for film and photo shoots – GI allows filming with a handheld camera and tripod during the public season/hours without a permit.
Site Rentals for Private Events
All private events, including weddings, corporate retreats, galas, staff outings and other gatherings and celebrations that are invite only.