Island Rules and Regulations
Please abide by the following rules and regulations on your visit to Governors Island:
- No Smoking.
- Pets are not permitted on the Island. Working dogs are permitted with appropriate documentation and a vest.
- Alcohol cannot be brought to the Island (alcohol can be purchased and consumed on the Island in designated areas).
- Grilling permitted; only in designated areas and by reservation ONLY, although visitors can bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- All visitors and packages are subject to search.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring motorized vehicles or motorized bicycles to Governors Island.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The Trust for Governors Island reserves the right to deny access to the island at its discretion.
- Fishing is permitted on Governors Island, but all visitors over the age of 16 must have a valid New York State fishing license. Fishing is catch and release only.
- Do not deface or
do any damage to property, trees, or anything on the
Island Do not enter secured buildings or off-limits areas. Do not take anything from the Island. Explosive, firearms, and weapons of any kind are prohibited.