Just in time for Halloween, we’re transforming Picnic Point into our first ever pumpkin patch within view of Lady Liberty! Wander past the autumn colored Hills to Pumpkin Point where you’ll be able to pick (or just snap pics) from thousands of pumpkins, sip cider and snack on ghoulish treats from Little Eva’s. We’ll even have a spooky hayride!
**NOTE: Due to overwhelming demand, the hayride is running on a loop around the Hills, picking up and dropping off at Pumpkin Point to ensure everyone has a chance to hop on. Meet at the lighthouse near Pumpkin Point for a fun loop around the fall colors in our park!
Pumpkins will be available for purchase at $7 for large pumpkins and $3 for small pumpkins. All proceeds benefit the Friends of Governors Island.
Free pumpkin painting will be provided by Children’s Museum of the Arts for all ages.
Brooklyn’s own Jalopy Theatre will provide free live folk music for pumpkin pickers and wanderers! See below for a full lineup
* Wyndham Baird’s husky renditions of otherwise unheard of folk jams carry the same water as his patently eclectic originals. Lifting urban love affairs to the stuff of Gospel, and twisting personal disappointments into universal folk anthems, Baird’s six-string and harmonica playing will make it so you won’t have to choose between the Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan of your parent’s age.
* Libby Weitnauer & Melanie Odelle, on fiddle, banjo and voice, raise the corpses of New York City with their haunting harmonies and their resurrected traditionals.
* Taylor Plas sings original songs and interprets classics with an unparalleled vocal tenacity, leaving audiences stunned.
* Rashad Brown has a repertoire of original songs and draws from the magnificent body of American folk traditions, unleashing the electric power of his voice and passion that elevates any room he plays.
(solo sets and duets)
* Christopher White, also known as Isto, primarily plays guitar, voice, ukulele, and Hawaiian guitar. He plays many different styles of music, but is best known for his jazz and ragtime guitar with crooning, his fingerstyle arrangements of classic American song, his humorous and thoughtful original songs, and stage antics.
* Fatboy Wilson and Old Viejo Bones: combining the talents of jug band veterans Samoa Wilson and Ernesto Gomez, they offer up fresh, fun versions of blues classics.
Pumpkin Point is open Saturdays and Sundays from 11AM-5PM from October 21-29.
Don’t forget: Members get free pumpkins when they show their member card! Not a member? Join today!